We create intelligent, ethical and scalable technologies for a better, fairer world.
On a mission to help 100 million people by solving
some of the toughest challenges facing humanity.
Artificial Intelligence, the technology that has helped us see the deepest, darkest secrets of the universe, can also be a force for good. It can be a tool to help address some of the toughest challenges facing society today.
At AI for Good, we work with some of the most influential organisations in the world, from Governments and United Nations, all the way to businesses and local communities, to ensure that they have access to the best technologies to change the world. For Good.
rAInbow: Preventing domestic abuse and violence
Powered by AI, rAInbow provides a non-judgemental and safe environment to prevent and detect early signs of abuse.
FutureMakers: AI + Creativity education course available to all
Workshop series aimed at preparing young people for jobs that don’t exist yet, by bringing together AI + creativity
SnehAI: A digital companion designed for adolescents
Providing sexual and reproductive health in an accessible way. Delivered one million consultations in North India.
STARS: Interventions to improve mental health
Working with World Health Organisation, we are creating STARS, a tool to provide mental health support to adolescents in low-income countries.
Factory of the future: A series of public art and theatre
In partnership with the University of Cambridge: a series of public installations highlighting the hidden impact of data and algorithmic decisions on the future.
AI Ethics and Policy
Leading global voice on AI ethics and its impact on society
Working closely with technologists, advising governmental institutions and businesses on the implications of AI on the wider society.
Young people trained to build AI applications for Social Good
People reached through talks and videos to create the movement
International media articles about AI for Good products
High impact projects in 5 countries
International awards won
Kriti Sharma, Founder
AI for Good was founded by Kriti Sharma following the inaugural Obama Foundation Summit in 2017. Kriti is an AI technologist and a leading global voice on AI ethics and its impact on society. She was named in the Forbes 30 under 30 list for advancements in AI and was included in the Recode 100 list of people who made the most impact in 2017. She is a Google Grace Hopper Scholar and serves as an advisor to the UK Government and the United Nations.
Alice Piterova, Products
Alice is Head of Data Products at AI for Good. Prior to joining AI for Good, Alice was Head of Privacy and AI Ethics at a synthetic data company called Hazy. As part of Big Innovation Centre, she coordinated the cross-party parliamentary group on AI - APPG AI, helping the UK Government to address ethical implications and design new standards for applying machine learning in commercial, political and social areas. Alice is also the UK ambassador for Techfugees, the social enterprise coordinating the tech community response to the needs of refugees.
Billy Zhao, Data Science
Billy is interning at AI for Good as a Data Scientist for the summer. He graduated from Cambridge in July 2019 earning a Masters of Engineering degree specialising in Machine Learning and Deep Learning. He was the deputy director of the Cambridge Development Initiative which runs four development projects in Tanzania from 2017 to 2018 and he founded Engineering for Social Good group at the Department of Engineering at University of Cambridge.
Victoria Morini, Research
At Ai for Good, Vittoria focuses her Research on the juncture of Artificial Intelligence and government, with a particular interest in environmental policies areas, as she wrote her research paper on how to lower the Carbon Emission Footprint in London. Her dissertation was focused on the existence of a Democratic Ethos and the way societies could make democracy more valuable. Prior to joining AI for Good, Vittoria worked at Bank of China, as a Commodities and Private Equity Intern, where she focused on market analysis and budget restructuring.
What people are saying about us
"After the Obama Foundation Summit, Kriti went home and started AI for Good. People like Kriti occupy a space that isn’t widely thought about, which is why her work is so revolutionary. She’s successfully married her expertise in the digital world to her desire to create civic change. And she’s not bound by the belief that in order to make a difference in her community, she has to follow a template like going to law school or running for office. She recognizes that making a difference starts where your interests lie and building upon them.
As President Obama would say, she’s focused less on what she wants to BE and more on what she wants to DO."
Sir Richard Branson
AI and ethics are no longer a theoretical debate. AI is all around us, in our work and our personal lives:
@sharma_kriti 100% #HumanAtWork
Our projects are supported by
In the News
Keep up to date with what we are doing.
We are all getting played by Sophia the Robot
Kriti Sharma wants to change how we make AI work
How AI can help underserved communities around the world
BBC World Service
What we can't stand!
Contact us: email@example.com
Definitions and interpretation
Data collectively all information that you submit to AI for Good Ltd via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
Data Protection Laws any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;
GDPR the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
AI for Good Ltd, or us AI for Good Ltd, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 11136256 whose registered office is at 32 wheel house, 1 burrells wharf square, London, E14 3TA;
User or you any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by AI for Good Ltd and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to AI for Good Ltd and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
Website the website that you are currently using, www.aiforgood.co.uk, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
a. the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
c. a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
d. "including" is understood to mean "including without limitation";
e. reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
4. For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, AI for Good Ltd is the "data controller". This means that AI for Good Ltd determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
5. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
b. contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
How we collect Data
6. We collect Data in the following ways:
a. data is given to us by you; and
b. data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
7. AI for Good Ltd will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
a. when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
Data that is collected automatically
8. To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
a. we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
Our use of Data
9. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
a. improvement of our products / services;
10. We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed "Your rights" below).
Who we share Data with
11. We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
a. third party service providers who provide services to us which require the processing of personal data - Google analytics to optimise the website and Drift to provide chat services;
Keeping Data secure
12. We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
a. access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you.
b. we store your Data on secure servers.
13. Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
14. If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
16. Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
17. You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
a. Right to access - the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is "manifestly unfounded or excessive." Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
b. Right to correct - the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
c. Right to erase - the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
d. Right to restrict our use of your Data - the right to "block" us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
e. Right to data portability - the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
f. Right to object - the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
18. To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: email@example.com.
19. If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). The ICO's contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
20. It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
23. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
24. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
27. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
28. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
You may contact AI for Good Ltd by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
01 January 2018