AI for Good is a social enterprise that creates AI-powered technology in partnership with local charities and NGOs to help address the needs of the most vulnerable and underserved.
On our mission to help 100 million people, we create scalable, innovative technologies for the better, fairer world.
AI for Good was founded by Kriti Sharma, an Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologist and a leading global voice on AI ethics and its impact on society.
When she was still working at Sage, Kriti and her team won the Facebook AI hackathon in 2016 with the first prototype of what later evolved into rAInbow. This is when she started thinking how lonely those at risk of abuse must feel with no trusted companion to share their experiences and concerns with.
In 2017, she was invited as a Civic Leader by the Obama Foundation Summit for her work in ethical technology. This is when she decided to dedicate her career on applying AI for social impact and helping those that need it the most.
Together with her team she built a chatbot for the Invictus Games Sydney 2018, to help make the Games even easier for competitors. In the same year, she founded AI for Good Ltd. and launched rAInbow, our first AI-powered product for victims of domestic abuse in South Africa.
Following the success of rAInbow, AI for Good was approached by a charity with a request to develop a chatbot educating young people about sex and reproductive health in India. In 2019 we partnered with this charity called Population Foundation of India to build SnehAI.
Meet Our Team
Founder and Chair
Founder & Chair
Kriti Sharma is an Artificial Intelligence expert and a leading global voice on ethical technology and its impact on society. She holds a Bachelors in Engineering and a Masters in Advanced Computer Science from the University of St Andrews.
Kriti has experience managing global Machine Learning and Digital products in regulated industries. She has been leading chatbot projects for various social causes, from productivity to inequality to domestic abuse, in over 25 countries. Kriti was included in the Forbes 30 Under 30 and the Recode 100 List of Key Influencers in Technology in 2017. She was invited as a Civic Leader to the Obama Foundation Summit. She is a Google Anita Borg Scholar and recently gave expert testimony on AI Policy to the UK Parliament in the House of Lords. Prior to founding AI for Good, Kriti was the VP of Artificial Intelligence at FTSE 100 companies including Barclays and Sage.
While much of Silicon Valley worry about doomsday scenarios where AI will take over human civilization, Kriti Sharma has a different kind of concern: What happens if disadvantaged groups don’t have a say in the technology we’re creating?
Alice combines experience and leadership in policy and technology with a deep understanding of how emerging technologies should be used in the provision of public goods and humanitarian aid to society.
Prior to joining AI for Good, Alice was Head of Privacy at a synthetic data company called Hazy, where she reviewed data products for privacy compliance and AI ethics requirements. As part of Big Innovation Centre team, she coordinated the cross-party parliamentary group on AI (APPG AI), helping the UK Government to address ethical implications and design new standards for applying machine learning in commercial, political and social areas.
Alice has over 10 years of experience in policy, communications and product management, and a particular focus on fields such as tech for good, data and privacy, machine learning and automation. Having worked in national and international public and private sector organisations, social enterprises and NGOs, Alice has a proven track record in delivering growth and showcasing impact, as well as engaging with a wide range of stakeholders. She is the UK ambassador for Techfugees, the social enterprise coordinating the international tech community response to the needs of refugees.
Fintan Nagle is Scientific Adviser at AI for Good. Fintan is a cognitive scientist and software engineer with interests in ethical AI and machine learning.
After a BSc in computer science and a master's in computational biology, his PhD research investigated the visual perception of dynamic form and motion in natural scenes and faces. Fintan's postdoctoral work focusses on task-switching and attention in automated driving.
He is also a Senior Teaching Fellow at Imperial College London and works closely with several industry projects in machine learning.
Product Manager, rAInbow
Martina joins AI for Good with over 5 years experience working with social enterprises to grow technology platforms in Africa. She is passionate about chatbots and product development to help end users access the information that is relevant to them.
Martina was the Director of Business Innovation at Arifu, a chatbot that provided access to livelihoods and skills training for low-income communities across 6 countries in Africa. Her clients were multinational banks, telcos and agribusinesses that were looking to engage their customers in innovative and impactful ways. Her work focused on building sales processes, designing projects for clients, product development and marketing.
Martina also worked with other tech and impact-focused companies as a Grant Consultant, helping social enterprises apply for and win competitive concessional funds. She holds a Bachelor of Social Science (UOttawa) and a Masters of Global Affairs from the University of Toronto.
Joseph is responsible for the management of the AI for Good social media channels. He creates and shares content to expand the reach and understanding of AI tools to those who may be in need.
Joseph recently graduated from the University of Reading in which he studied consumer behaviour and marketing. During this time he researched consumer perceptions towards the digital marketing strategies implemented by music artists and digital service providers. Joseph is passionate about social media marketing and the future of technology in the music industry.
He has previous experience working with safe sex and e-waste sustainability initiatives, and has worked as an intern in multiple marketing and brand strategy roles.
Carolyn works on the technical nitty-gritty at AI for Good. She is currently working on a project analysing and redesigning data collection for children aging out of government care. She is also responsible for website design and content., so please feel free to contact her with feedback!
She is also a PhD Student in Social Robotics at University of Glasgow. Prior to returning to her education, she worked as a software engineer and manager in social robotics and emotional AI companies in Boston, USA. Her work now is centered on the interplay between cognition, social interaction, and our physical bodies.
Carolyn is passionate about Data Science for Social Good and exploring how advancing technologies can benefit historically under-resourced social-sector endeavours. She volunteers as a data analyst at DataKind UK, and works as a STEM Ambassador with a number of primary schools. She is committed to viewing technical challenges through a lens of empathy and compassion to provide accurate, critical insights which can drive social change towards equitability and justice.
What we can't stand!
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Definitions and interpretation
Data collectively all information that you submit to AI for Good Ltd via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
Data Protection Laws any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;
GDPR the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
AI for Good Ltd, or us AI for Good Ltd, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 11136256 whose registered office is at 32 wheel house, 1 burrells wharf square, London, E14 3TA;
User or you any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by AI for Good Ltd and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to AI for Good Ltd and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
Website the website that you are currently using, www.aiforgood.co.uk, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
a. the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
c. a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
d. "including" is understood to mean "including without limitation";
e. reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
4. For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, AI for Good Ltd is the "data controller". This means that AI for Good Ltd determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
5. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
b. contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
How we collect Data
6. We collect Data in the following ways:
a. data is given to us by you; and
b. data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
7. AI for Good Ltd will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
a. when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
Data that is collected automatically
8. To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
a. we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
Our use of Data
9. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
a. improvement of our products / services;
10. We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed "Your rights" below).
Who we share Data with
11. We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
a. third party service providers who provide services to us which require the processing of personal data - Google analytics to optimise the website and Drift to provide chat services;
Keeping Data secure
12. We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
a. access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you.
b. we store your Data on secure servers.
13. Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: email@example.com.
14. If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
16. Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
17. You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
a. Right to access - the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is "manifestly unfounded or excessive." Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
b. Right to correct - the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
c. Right to erase - the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
d. Right to restrict our use of your Data - the right to "block" us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
e. Right to data portability - the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
f. Right to object - the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
18. To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
19. If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). The ICO's contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
20. It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
23. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
24. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
27. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
28. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
You may contact AI for Good Ltd by email at email@example.com.
01 January 2018