We are hiring!
Consultant Product Manager for rAInbow
Application Deadline: 9am on Friday, 14 August 2020
Job title: Product Manager for rAInbow
Start date: You should be able to start immediately
Status: Consultant, 2 days a week
About AI for Good UK
AI for Good creates intelligent, ethical and scalable technologies for a better, fairer world. We apply AI to tackle some of the toughest humanitarian challenges. Our mission is to help 100 million vulnerable people through our platforms.
rAInbow is a friendly, non-judgmental chatbot that helps people identify signs of abuse and provides relevant resources to help them. Since we launched rAInbow in November 2018, we’ve had over 17,800 users in South Africa, who have exchanged around 840,000 messages with the bot. Our mission is for everyone who is at risk to get the help they need right when they need it.
Unlike most of the traditional helplines in the country, our intervention is available 24/7, so people can reach out to get information at any time of the day. They can do this at their own pace, whenever they feel safe or need it.
rAInbow was built with the help of survivors and with the highest standards of privacy and security in order to keep them safe. Users chat to rAInbow on Facebook Messenger, so it feels and looks like talking to a friend. Picking up the phone or seeking help in person is an issue in itself, since it requires money, safety, time, and courage. With rAInbow woman can ease into getting support and build their confidence to take the next step.
Through advanced AI-powered technology, rAInbow guides users through activities that help them recognize and understand the signs and types of abuse. With human-centered design at its core, rAInbow is a solution that victims of domestic violence actually want and need.
AI for Good is seeking a consultant with a strong product background and a commitment to social change. You will be responsible for end-to-end delivery, roadmap, strategy, partnership and project management of rAInbow globally. You don’t necessarily need to have experience working with domestic abuse/violence, but an understanding of the topic is highly desirable.
You will be an integral part of rAInbow, managing the development of the product, driving our roadmap delivering, working closely with our partners and donors, and setting strategic direction for the product to scale.
You should be used to working with and/or overseeing multidisciplinary projects, and serving as an SCA representative with clients and stakeholders, including mid to senior leadership of major foundations, local authorities, NGOs, and/or corporations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Product Development - 40%
Partnership Management – 30%
Product Promotion and Communications – 10%
Strategic Direction – 20%
What will you get in return?
The opportunity to take control of this already amazing product and bring it to the next level, whilst supporting a good cause and working remotely from anywhere in the world as long as you have a stable internet connection. You will have access to a vibrant community of AI for Good practitioners and enthusiasts to learn how to apply this technology in the most ethical and sustainable way, make friends and connections for life, and build an inspiring career. We are a people-centered organisation by design and default, where it is our mission to protect your wellbeing and help achieve your professional and personal fulfillment.
Please send your CV and Cover Letter at firstname.lastname@example.org and add the role you are applying for in the subject line.
What we can't stand!
Contact us: email@example.com
Definitions and interpretation
Data collectively all information that you submit to AI for Good Ltd via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
Data Protection Laws any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;
GDPR the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
AI for Good Ltd, or us AI for Good Ltd, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 11136256 whose registered office is at 32 wheel house, 1 burrells wharf square, London, E14 3TA;
User or you any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by AI for Good Ltd and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to AI for Good Ltd and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
Website the website that you are currently using, www.aiforgood.co.uk, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
a. the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
c. a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
d. "including" is understood to mean "including without limitation";
e. reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
4. For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, AI for Good Ltd is the "data controller". This means that AI for Good Ltd determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
5. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
b. contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
How we collect Data
6. We collect Data in the following ways:
a. data is given to us by you; and
b. data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
7. AI for Good Ltd will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
a. when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
Data that is collected automatically
8. To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
a. we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
Our use of Data
9. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
a. improvement of our products / services;
10. We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed "Your rights" below).
Who we share Data with
11. We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
a. third party service providers who provide services to us which require the processing of personal data - Google analytics to optimise the website and Drift to provide chat services;
Keeping Data secure
12. We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
a. access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you.
b. we store your Data on secure servers.
13. Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
14. If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
16. Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
17. You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
a. Right to access - the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is "manifestly unfounded or excessive." Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
b. Right to correct - the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
c. Right to erase - the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
d. Right to restrict our use of your Data - the right to "block" us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
e. Right to data portability - the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
f. Right to object - the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
18. To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: email@example.com.
19. If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). The ICO's contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
20. It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
23. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
24. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
27. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
28. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
You may contact AI for Good Ltd by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
01 January 2018